Being a woman is unbelievably hard. Women are the most oppressed group in history. In recent times, there have been larger groups of women coming out and demanding equality but this journey did not start ten or twenty years ago. It started centuries ago, those women were the ones who paved the way that you now walk upon. Those women demanded the right to education, they demanded the right to work, the right to vote, the right to be treated as human beings. The first resistance gave birth to feminism, they nurtured it and that nurturing is what enabled it to become the giant it is today. Here lies true Inspiration.
In the midst of this massive movement, it can be hard trying to continue resisting especially when you’re not seeing the results you expected. However, you must not give up. Not now. Not ever, and to help you with this journey, here are some inspirational quotes from women who have fought and are still fighting for equality. Quotes to remind you that there is nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with being a woman, or standing up for your rights. I pray you believe in yourself and can get some sort of inspiration from this article.
1. “The most effective way to do it is to do it, Amelia Earhart.” Amelia Earhart was the first woman to ever to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean. Most times, you spend hours and hours thinking about what step to take instead of just taking the step. Amelia Earhart is telling you to take that leap, apply for your dream job, ask for that raise you deserve. Don’t be afraid to take a chance, and don’t be selfish with your words, it’s okay to give Inspiration to others.
2. “Falling down is a part of life, but you’re only beaten if you fall down and don’t get back up, Jenette Stanley”. Jenette Stanley penned this quote and it couldn’t be more true. Life is full of stumbling blocks. You’re always going to fall down, that is inevitable. The key to success is rising every single time you fall down.
3. “Yes, I’m a feminist, because I see all women as smart, gifted, and tough, Zaha Hadid.” Zaha Hadid had her thoughts in the right place when she said this. Every single woman should be a feminist. All women must be seen as gifted, smart and tough because that is what they truly are. Once all women start supporting each other, the rest is history. Because you are great, you’re tough and you’re an amazing woman, the inspiration we need as women.
4. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it, Estée Lauder.” If you want something, you must work for it. You must put in the extra time. It’s okay to dream but don’t just dream, make your dreams a reality.
5. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any – Alice Walker” – You have so much power within you. Power to give life, the power to nurture. Women are so strong but they spend their lives thinking they’re powerless. This power is within you. Harness it and use it.
6. “Courage is like a muscle, we strengthen it by use, Ruth Gordo.” The fact is you’ll never move if you don’t take a step. Nothing will change if you don’t make your own changes. You have to exercise your courage, strengthen it. Start changing the things you cannot accept.
7. “I don’t care what you think about me. I don’t think about you at all, Coco Chanel.” This couldn’t have been said better. One of the major barriers for women in the society and what they’re going to say. The truth is, they’re always going to say things about you, they’re always going to have their own opinions. The key is in not letting it affect you. Their opinions and thoughts do not add to your life in any way. So it’s about time you stopped letting them get in your way.
8. There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish, Michelle Obama. If you set your heart and mind to something, there is nothing that can stop you from getting it. As a woman, you have so much power. Do not let anything distract or sidetrack you from your goals. You have no limits and the sky is your starting point.
9. “I am not free while any woman is in bondage, even when her shackles are very different from my own, Audre Lorde.” Feminism is about total and complete freedom. Until every single woman is free, no one is free. Remember this when you stand and demand for change, you’re not just fighting for yourself. You’re fighting for the future. You’re changing the future. You’re starting a revolution.
10. “If you don’t like being a doormat then get off the floor–Al Anon.”. Do not let anyone walk all over you simply because you are a woman. Women are strong. You have always been strong and now it’s time for you to show the world.
11. “Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, “She doesn’t have what it takes.” They will say, “Women don’t have what it takes, Clare Boothe Luce.” Women are judged as one unified body and that is why you must strive for excellence, for freedom. You are not just a woman. You are a nation. A nation of inspiration for other women.
12. Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult, Charlotte Whitton.” Do not let anyone tell you that you cannot do a particular thing, don’t let them stop you from reaching your goals. You are determined, fierce and strong.
13. Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be, Elizabeth Gilbert”. It is time to stop wishing and start doing.
14. Never do things others can do and will do, if there are things others cannot do or will not do, Amelia Earhart.” Dream big dreams. Don’t be afraid to dream. In fact, dream, dream and dream some more and then blow everyone away.
15. One of the most courageous things you can do is identify yourself, know who you are, what you believe in and where you want to go – Sheila Murray Bethel.” The first step to making a change is self-discovery. You must know who you are before you know what you want to become.
16. You get in life, what you have the courage to ask for, Oprah Winfrey.” Ask believing, that you will receive.
Encourage Yourself: It can be hard staying leveled in a world like this one. However, you’re strong, you’re brave and you’re not alone. On days where you feel down, remember to repeat this quote of Inspiration from Maya Angelou “I am a Woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal Woman, that’s me.”