In the movie “Nightmare On Elm Street”, Freddy Krueger is the enemy in this horror movie. He seeks to destroy individuals through their dreams. In real life the enemy is coming for you! He is in your dreams, thoughts, deeds and all actions. Be careful what you say or do. The song in the movie goes as such: One, Two, Freddy’s coming for you three, four, better lock your door five, six, grab your crucifix, seven, eight better stay up late, nine, ten never sleep again.
Satan comes to kill, steal and destroy the very ones who chooses to live against Gods will. God has come so that you might have life—indeed, so that they could live life to the fullest.
Lock the door to your heart against the enemy, against negativity, lying, bullying, murder, evil thoughts, nah sayers, against depression, drugs, alcohol, suicide, molestation, theft, pornography, abusive relationships, against failure and evil doers.
1. A crucifix is an image of Jesus on the cross, as distinct from a bare cross.
2. The representation of Jesus himself on the cross is referred to, in English as the corpus (Latin for “body”).
3. I find that the best time to communicate with God is in the middle of the night, when there is a stillness in the house.
4. Lastly where you or I will spend eternity, according to what the bible says: For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment.
5. The cross with Jesus crucified is known as a “crucifix”. The cross by itself is just a “cross”, though different branches of Christianity used different variations on the cross (Latin Cross, Greek cross, Georgian cross, etc.).
6. The crucifix has been a symbol of Christianity since around the fifth century. At that time, the Catholic Church was largely unified, and so the crucifix was the symbol of all Christianity. Today, it still is for the Catholic church, as well as the Orthodox Church, which was never entirely unified with the western Catholic Church. The Anglican Church, although a Protestant Church adopted most of the Catholic symbolism.
Note that in the movie Nightmare On Elm Street the enemy stalked and tormented his prey day and night. Until he could catch them at their weakest, most vulnerable point. The enemy is always certain to makes sure your guard is down, that you are tired and frustrated, he will catch you when you least expect it, especially if you haven’t prayed consistently or don’t read your bible as you should. According to the scriptures it says in Ephesians 6:11; Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
The adversary is on his job, so, it is up to us as Christians who are lazy, uncontrollable and unconcerned as we tunnel through our daily routines, to be vigilant and ready at all times. We lack discipline when it comes to reading our bibles, praying or giving God his due worship. But in trouble, we are quick to fall on our knees and cry like babies wanting a bottle. (No harm entended).
We must be about our Father’s business. As well as arming ourselves likewise. If we could remember that our struggle is not against flesh and blood, against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. We would have an edge on the adversary.
Remember to keep in the forethought of your mind to be strong in the Lord,
One, Two, Satan’s Coming For You! Or will you stand? Will you stand against the enemy in these last and evil days?
Will you fold under pressure?
Will the love of money get the best of you?
Will you turn from your wicked ways and live a life according to the bible?
Will you be able to hear the Lord say “Well done thy good and faithful servant?
God is waiting for you to fall into his precious and loving arms, to embrace you as never before.
ENCOURAGE YOURSELF: Therefore take up the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you will be able to stand your ground, and having done everything, to stand. Ephesians 6:13
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7
Here is an encouraging thought, if you “Think spiritual first, and naturally second” your frustration level will be minimal. You will find yourself being less angry, because you will see the tactics of the enemy.