LIARS WON’T TARRY IN GOD’S SIGHT, ENCOURAGING PRAYER AND HOPE TO COMFORT AND GUIDE YOU.
It’s unfortunate that the world runs on lies and dishonesty, Which has become so commonplace in politics, in business, and in the world in general that it seems downright normal. However, the Bible is clear that lying is a sin and is displeasing to God. The first sin in this world involved a lie told to Eve. The Ten Commandments given to Moses includes “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor” (Exodus 20:16). No one can look upon the world and say it is a good place right now. It is full of pollution; wars; disputes; drugs; threats; and terrorism; to say nothing of climate change and global warming. It is a planet in crisis and the human race is heading towards extinction. However bible says liars won’t tarry in his sight, encourage prayer and hope can be referenced in the book of Psalms 101:7. Different version has it recorded in different ways,
The King James version
KJV: He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house; he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight” (Psalm 101:7)
AMP: “He who practices deceit will not dwell in my house; He who tells lies and half-truths will not continue [to remain] in my presence” (Psalm 101:7)
AMPC: “He who works deceit shall not dwell in my house; he who tells lies shall not continue in my presence” (Psalm 101:7)
NIV: “No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who speaks falsely will stand in my presence” (Psalm 101:7)
Thus, this portion of the bible as recorded by different versions is trying to encourage us to decrease from telling lies and acting deceitfully so we can dwell in the house of God, and also so we can stay as long as possible in God’s sight without getting rebuked. It is also advisable to encourage prayer and hope, for the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. We all need to know prayer verses, as prayer is the way in which we communicate with God, and he wants to get to know us better. Bible verses for prayer are great if you want to know how to pray. The following verses would encourage your daily walk with God and help you experience the existing power of prayer.
• 1 John 5:14: “And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him”
• 1 John 5:16: “If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that”
• 2 Chronicles 7:14: “if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land”
Alongside prayer, we should always keep faith and hope alive. Faith in which the Bible recorded in the book of Hebrews 11: 1 as “The substance of things hope for, the evidence of things not seen” should be part of our daily lives. We should learn to pray and hope for positive outcomes.
POWERFUL PRAYERS FROM THE BIBLE
The following prayers as recorded in the bible can be use as a building principle in our prayer lives:
1. David prayer for deliverance (Psalm chapter 3)
2. The Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6:9 – 13)
3. The prayer of Jabez (1 Chronicles 4:10)
4. Jonah’s prayer for salvation (Jonah 2:2 – 9)
5. Hannah’s prayer of praise (1 Samuel 2:1 – 10)