Genesis Chapter 1
1) In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2) The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. 3) Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4) God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5) God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.
6) Then God said, “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.” 7) God made the expanse, and separated the waters which were below the expanse from the waters which were above the expanse; and it was so. 8) God called the expanse heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.
9) Then God said, “Let the waters below the heavens be gathered into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so. 10) God called the dry land earth, and the gathering of the waters He called seas; and God saw that it was good. 11) Then God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees on the earth bearing fruit after their kind with seed in them”; and it was so. 12) The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed after their kind, and trees bearing fruit with seed in them, after their kind; and God saw that it was good. 13) There was evening and there was morning, a third day.
14) Then God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years; 15) and let them be for lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16) God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also. 17) God placed them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18) and to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good. 19) There was evening and there was morning, a fourth day.
20) Then God said, “Let the waters teem with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth in the open expanse of the heavens.” 21) God created the great sea monsters and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarmed after their kind, and every winged bird after its kind; and God saw that it was good. 22) God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.” 23) There was evening and there was morning, a fifth day.
24) Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures after their kind: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth after their kind”; and it was so. 25) God made the beasts of the earth after their kind, and the cattle after their kind, and everything that creeps on the ground after its kind; and God saw that it was good.
26) Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27) God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28) God blessed them; and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” 29) Then God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you; 30)and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food”; and it was so. 31) God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.
EITHER YOU BELIEVE THIS IS TRUE, OR JUST CLOSE THE BIBLE AND GO THE OTHER WAY.
From the very beginning, if you don’t believe God’s word is true, you may as well go the other way. Live a life of mayham and foolishness. Party, drink up, steal, kill, and be as vulgar and selfish as you please.
This is a crucial moment when your un-movable, un-wavering faith has to abound. If only the size of a grain of mustard seed. You must exercise that amount of faith to the best of your ability.
It is so easy to forget God’s presence and power when we face uncertain and difficult times. Our faith falters when we doubt that God is with us, sometimes even doubting that He is real and who He says He is. God knew that we would struggle with unbelief and has giving us reassuring words through the Bible. When doubt creeps in, read these Bible verses about believing and pray that God will renew your heart and mind toward who He says He is. As well as who He says YOU are! Be encouraged as you see Gods handy work through all situations in your life to grow your faith. Either you believe Gods word or not.
1 Thessalonians 2:13
And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is indeed at work in you who believe.
1 Timothy 4:10
That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.
They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
Now faith is substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen.
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
“You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.”
But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.
Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”
But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
1 Kings 10:7
But I did not believe these things until I came and saw with my own eyes. Indeed, not even half was told me; in wisdom and wealth you have far exceeded the report I heard.
“The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!”